Stand or Wall (height issue)

sirp

I will be buying my first plasma in the next several weeks (no idea what model yet!)

now, after looking at umpteen pictures of peoples setups, i am still undecided wether to stand or wall mount.

my question being, what is the point of wall mounting the plasma if you are going to have it at good viewing height? Lots of plasmas i have seen wall mounted seem quite high to me.

I know they look ace flush to walls, is that the only reason folk do it?

do they still look as ace in the flesh in your room on a stand?

fire away with your comments

cheers

Paul

Geordie Jester

I really prefer a stand as, like you, im not sure I like it so high. But its all down to the size of your room and personal taste. I was told once that a slightly high viewing angle is better for your neck!

Here is ours on a cabinet that I find a brill compromise. higher than your average tv, but not mounted.

get a piece of card the right size and try in different positions to get a feel for what is best for you.

good luck !

Attachments

sirp

yes, that is about the height im thinking..either a cabinet or av rack of a similar height

cheers for that, looks nice

im still deciding on a HD or SD panel..its doing my nut in :)

chrisw

We've had ours on the wall for a week - it's 1m off the ground and we're both now used to it and find it well positioned and comfortable to watch. Also I can now see the TV perfectly from the dining table so can watch the tv whilst having my brekkie!

The main plus point (other than it looking great) is that you free up and amazing amount of floor space - much more than you really think.

D

david1966

Another plus if you've got 3 kids like me is no sticky finger marks on the screen when its 4' up a wall

dickst3

Novice Member
chrisw said:
The main plus point (other than it looking great) is that you free up and amazing amount of floor space - much more than you really think.
absolutely. :)

dickst3

Novice Member
david1966 said:
Another plus if you've got 3 kids like me is no sticky finger marks on the screen when its 4' up a wall
another reason we did it.

ours is 42" from floor to bottom of panel - we find it perfect from 6 to 12 feet away. :smashin:

Geordie Jester

hmmm it was (from an old thread where I was asked)

"Miami 2 Door Entertainment Unit. 610/4728 " from Argos £69.59

but a quick search and I cant find it now

Geordie Jester

hmm Ive had no luck finding it anywhere mate. I must have been the only one that bought one so they stopped selling it !

I could sell you it for a grand ? :D

SteveG

Whoops - thought that was a shop. :rolleyes:

You could always try your local Argos in case they have any old stock left. Phone the automated ring and reserve line on 0870 600 1010. Put in the product code and branch number to check for stock. You never know.

Trending threads

Top Bottom