Stand Mount Or Wall Mount

forever

Prominent Member
Reaction score
2022 is the year of the home cinema build i have a large'ish room 7.0M x 6M, the plan is to place the TV 85" in the middle of the far wall (6M), with speakers from there, 2 subs full atmos with 4 Atmos speakers in the ceiling...

The question is, what is better to wall mount or stand mount the TV, my thought it to have a nice long oak stand for the tv and av equipment..

Rather than wall mount..,

Really depends on the look you want, no real advantage to either, other than creating space.

And if you can hide the electronics in another cabinet somewhere else in the room.

Whatever you do, if mounting in a enclosed cabinet, even without a door, you should consider how it can keep cool.

Last edited:
Thanks both it will be about 4.5M from the main position

Personally I think a wall mounted tv with all wires hidden looks better

What's the height of your seating? Your eye level wants to be in the centre of the TV ideally.
If on a TV bench / console you get that - great!

I'm a big fan of TV's wall mounted and all wires hidden with room underneath (where possible) for your centre channel speaker :)

Speaker wise, I'd say look at LCR speakers for the fronts three speaker as this will give you the best balanced sound experience. You will also find that in using three dedicated LCR speaker, your avr shouldn't need to be as powerful (even though it will have to have some ability in that size of room - so an avr with headroom is also important) or work as hard with the room eq

I would say that spending time on looking for the right subwoofers that will match the speaker/avr combination so you really create a dynamic sound which can stop and start on a pin allowing for those crashing sounds to engulf the room. A good starting point would be SVS, but with subwoofer's you will get tone of recommendation, but the main advice is to use a dedicated subwoofer brand over a speaker branded woofer as they're never as good in my honest opinion

For the Atmos speakers, don't feel you need to use the same brand as in truth it really doesn't matter. What matters more is making sure you use the larger 8" ci speakers as its a large room and you will benefit from it

If you can wall mount the TV I would, it'll save on any freak accidence of someone knocking it over plus to me, they always look better even if you are still going to place a cabinet beneath it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom