1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand for centre speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fastedd, Aug 29, 2002.

1. fastedd

fastedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a monitor audio SLCR centre speaker and a Tosh RPT.

The TV's too narrow at the top to mount above (not ideal location anyway) and there no space under the TV screen as its a RPT.

Does anyone know where I can get a speaker stand for a centre speaker thats about 1-1.5ft off the deck? I had considered a floorstander speaker stand but this would be too narrow and I don't want the speaker to look like its balanced on something thin.

Thanks
    Edd

I hope this doesn't repeat, I've submitted this post once already but it hasn't appeared on the forum :rolleyes: If I have can you delete the other one :)

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If all else fails you can get a Toshiba stand that sits under the TV - It's meant for a video / dvd player but I've used it for my centre speaker. The speaker is tilted up using 2 rubber door stops and i've removed the glass door.

3. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got my centre sat on a shelf behind/above the tv (Tosh rptv) sounds good to me and its out of the way of little fingers ;)

4. fastedd

fastedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the replies guys.

I got in touch with custom designs in Newcastle that make speaker and hifi stands. They are willing to make me a one off stand based on there RS300 speaker stands but using two columns instead of one.

Very imressed by their help on the phone. I'll let you know what its like when I get it because I have the feeling this is a potental gap in he market for peeps with RPT.

Edd