1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand footprint size for TH37PW5B / TH42PW5B

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Nick23, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I went in to harrods yesterday to have a look at some plasma screen and was interested in the TH42PW5B which they had for £4499 (including tuner box). Anyway, they had the screen mounted on the wall so I was unable to measure the size of the stand that comes with it. What is the footprint size of the stand for the 42"? The 42" might be too big for where I want to put it, so how about the 37", how big is the footprint for the 37" too?

Thanks

BTW is there any difference between the 42" and the 37" models apart from the size of the screen?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Nick23

The 37" and 42" displays both use the same optional pedestal stand (TY-ST05 for the 5 Series displays).

The footprint of the pedestal stand is 806 x 320.3mm at its widest points.

There are not many differences between the 37" and the 42" displays - though as they both have the same number of pixels the 37" display has slightly smaller pixels so is possibly slightly sharper than the 42" display.

Also the 37" display is slightly less bright (330cd as opposed to 400cd) and so pulls less power than the 42" model.

Best regards

Joe