• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Stand alone internet radio

rorackowe

What are people's preferred options for either:
1. Internet radio with line out (I was thinking along the lines of ICY IB-MP401AIR, Amazon echo dot, maybe Chromecast audio). Other hifi type components???
2. Internet radio with a speaker (Roberts, Amazon Echo, Google home?).

What have people found easy to use, especially for a non techie or a non smartphone user?

Cebolla

Definitely my vote goes for 1. with the Chromecast Audio, assuming you've got some sort of audio device with speaker(s) to plug it in to and are ok using the TuneIn app to provide the radio station access.

drdocmatt

Not the greatest for non-techie or non smartphone users though. I have been looking for something similar, tbh but never reached a satisfactory conclusion in my search.

rorackowe

Just ordered a Roberts stream 93. It's for a friend. I use a Chromecast but he said no way. I'll let u know how he gets on.a

leeb-1977

I've just bought a Cambridge audio av200. Very good. Has a simple app which allows you to tune Into 2000 different internet radio stations. Also comes with a remote that you can link your top ten stations to and use the unit independently so you don't need a smartphone after the initial setup.

My other half is non tech savvy and she's loving it. It's reduced from 400 to 200 at the minute at richer sounds.

There's other speakers in the range which are smaller which I assume work in the same way.

Might be worth considering.

leeb-1977

Oooh no idea... I'll have a look tonight and let you know. If it can though that will obviously be through the app.

That said.... it has a Bluetooth connection, which is something I don't think Sonos has - so technically it can do anything your smartphone can via Bluetooth.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom