Stan Lee Passes Away, Aged 95.

For me he totally changed the changed the direction of comics during the silver age most of the super-hero comics did not have continuing stories at most a two part one, but Stan brought out unusual heroes even one that would elsewhere would be classes as a monster such as The Thing in the start of the silver age. In Spider-man he had a continual back story of Peter Parker which people could associate with.
He also tackled prejudis with the X-Men.

I was luck to get a signed copy by him of a Daredevil Masterworks.

Thanks Stan for all the many many reading hours and some of the conversions to films. Mind you I be a lot richer except for you:)

God bless you Stan R.I.P.

He brought out the good in people, a precious gift.

Oh no!

I've been expecting this news for a while but I'm still totally gutted. A massive influence on me in my formative years and for my entire generation. His pantheon of characters will live forever and are as much a part of children's literature and our culture as Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, The Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh.

Bob Kane and Bill Finger gave us 'Batman' and Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster gave us 'Superman', but Stan Lee, gave us literally DOZENS of our most iconic superheroes as well as their rich cast of supporting characters and their equally memorable villains.

Excelsior!

Stan-Lee-Recovery.jpg

Great character, amazing vision and I bet his memory will live on for ever. What a legend.

One thing that struck me in in the first Avengers film was how The Hulk wasn't a dumb beast and that "Puny god" line as Loki lay there groaning was hilarious.

RIP Stan Lee, you were and always will be the original super hero.

He gave escapism to billions of people, whether it was in comic book or on the screen.

My favorite appearance in the Marvel films which I also use the name he refers to, when referring to the character I thought it was that good.

And even though The Big Bang Theory plugged DC, Stan turned up in it in a cameo.

Excellent! Thank you.

His final cameo.
You could certainly imagine many future generations looking back on his works with the same wonder we have.

thanks for an Amazin' life and legacy Stan

truly saddened by this - I have loved his work man and boy

they lost the mould when they made Stan

The term *legend* is applied too easy nowadays but if there was one instance that it would be used appropriately it would be Stan Lee.
There will not be another in our lifetime, pretty sure about that.
His creations will live on forever and ever..............
RIP!

Absolute legend, such sad news.

RIP

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom