Stalker

alfienoakes

Established Member
Reaction score
Time to have another go in the competition. This was taken at the Saturday practice session for British Superbikes at Brands Hatch.

The picture is of Chris "Stalker" Walker rounding Stirling's Bend. The sparks are as he grounds a toe slider. I took several photos that day, some a lot better than this one. I felt this fitted the "Over the edge" theme the best though.

avf_stalker.jpg

Details:
Manual Mode
ISO100
1/640s
f5.6
300mm
Lens: Nikkor 70-300mm VR on D80
Cropped from original, levels adjustment and unsharp mask in Photoshop. Then resized and quality reduced to make it competition friendly.

This was my first attempt at shooting motorsport. Was quite impressed with the overall results. Practice day was a great day to shoot as there were very few people about, apart from photographers. Other photos from the day available on my Flickr page.

Cheers for looking.

Love that shot, I'd be way over the edge and in the hedgerow if I tried that on my Bandit12 :rotfl:

Well captured!

Thanks guys. Know what you mean Zone. Last time I got that low was when I fell off the RGV!

Great pic - beautifully sharp and dynamic, and very over the edge. His style looks quite similar to mine actually, and I have lapped the Brands GP circuit within a few seconds of Chris's time.

Well, within about 30 seconds....:D

This bike should have jacked it's rear wheel and chucked Mr Stalker Walker off big time, it seems to me. I used to see sparks from track bikes all the time years ago when I was a keen bike racing spectator, frame design & technology have changed a fair bit and it's not so common to see now, so a great captue. Really bright colours and sharp as you could ask for... top action shot.
:thumbsup:

Cheers for the kind comments everyone. I'm very happy with the 70-300 lens to get such a decent sharp shot, particularly as this was fully zoomed. The "Stalker" has always been a crowd favourite and this is one of the reasons why!

Cracking shot.

It must take real talent to take shots of objects moving as fast as motorbikes.

You have captured this well.

Very sharp and full of great colours.

Is his left leg actually touching the floor ...ouch :eek:

This is one of my favourites for this month :thumbsup: on-theme and a really good shot. The colours look a bit saturated but I don't think that's a bad thing - it adds to the contrast between his bike/leathers and the black tarmac.

Ahh Brands...now that takes me back :)

Cheers,

Tim.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom