1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalker

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Marc, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,099
    it's been all quiet on the STALKER front for a few months, amid more tales of delays and problems, but finally a new preview emerges from gamesradar which can't fail to excite even the most sceptical of games players. It looks like STALKER is going to steal the crown from Half Life 2 with both hands tied behind its back.

2. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    It does look pretty sweet I must say.Theres a bit of a dry patch atm regarding pc games but over the next few months I think we are gonna get another few beauties to keep us occupied :smashin:

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Yep. There are also a lot of people hard at work with the HL2 Source engine and we should see the fruits of their labour soon enough.

SWAT 4 is also looking good. And Empire Earth 2 too!

I already tried out the demos for these 2 and they are worth a look!

BTW, I noticed that Republic Commando is out now on the PC too, but is it worth the time? or is it a lame kids game, XBox port? (with XBOX graphics?)

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I've had this on pre-order with play for almost a year now (£17-99). It's looking good and the free form gameplay style appeals to me a great deal. I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype and isn't a complete let down:( The replayability of this game is going to be huge since nothing is scripted a la hl2 and is ai driven. The whole world is meant to be a simulation of what we would regard as similar to our own obeying certain gouverning rule/laws but how you go about playing the game will be entirely up to the indevidual.
    If they've balanced the game correctly I think this game will be marked as an all time great raising the bar once again.

lets hope it realises what the developer has promised:thumbsup:

I notice play has the release date as September now. I hope this is a misprint :thumbsdow

5. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    TBH,I wasnt that optimistic when it said the game would be released later this year,as opposed to "in a couple of months"or "in the summer".I wouldnt be surprised if its released just after Duke Nukem :rolleyes:

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I do not mind the delays if the end product is polished and bug free. There's nothing worse than a title being delayed many times only to find on it's release it's only half finished and riddled with bugs. This happens too often imo but I'm sure this is more down to the publisher than the developer in most cases:(

We are entering a bit of a dry period for games after our recent glutt of quality titles. I'm hopeful that DOD source will be released soon to tide us over till the next series of new titles become available. There have been some screen shots and fraps video doing the rounds on dod but I'm not too impressed with what I have seen so far.:(

7. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,429
    My STALKER Gameplay pre-order has got pushed back to August :(

No way! Loads of good stuff coming up:

Brothers in Arms
    GTR
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
    Silent Hunter 3
    Darwinia

Something there for everyone, and thats just on PC in March! Lots of stuff on Xbox, GC and PS2 too in March and next month or two...

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,349
    I still have far too little time & too many games requiring my attention.

Hearts of Iron 2 & World of Warcraft will easily keep you occupied for a year alone (at least!). I'm kind of quite glad that the torrent of games releases has slowed a little. I still have RE4 sat virtually unplayed (far too addicted to WoW to give it the time) and i'd like to play PES4 much more as well. I still have Halo 2 to play and Burnout 3 has also had little play. I could do with a year of no releases to catch up lol.