1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalk controls wiring

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Lee8oy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Lee8oy

Lee8oy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a Pioneer DEH-P5630MP off www.caraudiodirect.com to fit my '97 Renault Megane Coupe. I also purchased all the relevant adapters and the facia to fit these models.

I found the actual stereo installation to be reasonably straightforward, however connecting the cables to allow the use of the steering wheel stalk controls and the LCD display proved a little difficult. This was not helped by the inadequacy of the supplied instructions with said adapter, which leave quite a few wires unmentioned and give no hint as to where what I presume are the power wires are supposed to be connected etc. Any info greatly appreciated!

I was worried that the incartec adapters may be inferior to those of other manufacturers which come with simple pluggable adapters rather than bare wires and the word "solder" in the instructions. Please advise.

Furthermore I was wondering if the connections for the LCD dash display are part of the steering wheel/stalk adapters or part of the actual head unit wiring? I do hope that this feature will still be available to me?

Cheers,

Lee8oy.

2. Lee8oy

Lee8oy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it that no one has a clue about this subject. Fortunately I've managed to resolve the issue myself and thought I'd post the results just incase anybody else finds themselves in the same boat. This issue was resolved quickly due to the exellent support from both caraudiodirect and Incartec.

The adapter I had bought didn't actually connect to the obvious wires behind the stereo at all, but actuall had to be soldered in to appropriate wires under the dash itself. Obviously I was not going to undertake this work myself, nor was I prepared to pay anybody to do it for me. (Apparently its Renault that make thing difficult in these cases, as most of the other adapters do just plug in). However, Incartec have obviously wised up to this problem and overcome it, as they have been withdrawing that adapter from the market and replacing it with a pluggable version, which incidently works with the display also, whereas the previous model did not (The new version displays Pioneer or whatever in the display panel... not exactly impressive but certainly better than nothing!)

Caraudiodirect were prepared to work something out as regards swapping the adapter I had bought, but needed the model number of it's successor. Upon Ringing Incartec to find out this information, they offered to do a straight swap, new for old, which i thought was rather decent of them :)

...problem solved (I hope!).

Lee8oy.