Stag Weekend In Prague

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by redcat1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. redcat1

redcat1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    hi all,

got a stag weekend in prague coming up. Anyone been or got any tips on where to go ? Also i've been told the beer is cheap just outside town. How much would a pint be ?

cheers

2. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    'Just outside town' is literally 3 streets away..a 5min walk....a beer is going to be less than £1.

If you want cheap beer stay away from the main square. Eat in small places. The service is great and the food even better.

One place I will reccommend, if it is still there, is the "Mount Steak Hose" just off Charles Bridge. The food there is very different but it is awesome. Any meat you can think of.

When I was there with my mates we had shark, horse, antelope, venison, zebra, boar...the chef is fantastic.

If you asked them for a plate of snakes...you would get it.

3. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    Best place i have ever been for a stag do had mine there 2 years ago and was paying around 80p a pint and teh beer is to die for.

I stayed in an apartment over looking the chrles bridge you save that much cash boozing in the day you can afford to let your hair down im the evening i was drinking 2 litre glasses of mojito with huge thick straws.

Spirits are expensive but home larger is cheap and quality one thing i would reccomend is for you all to be on your best behaviour i went midweek and when it got to the weekend and a lot of stag partys coming over the locals hated them.
    Every time we went somewhere we were always well mannered please and thank you goes a long way over there if your english, i know it sounds normal but it really made us feel more welcome and you were less likely to get ripped off etc etc.
    Its also a beautifull clean place you need to get out also and have a trek really is a nice place love to go back

4. Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,590
    You don't want to go there. It's all hardcore Sex and cheap beer!

5. FZR400RRSP

FZR400RRSP
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,374
    Love Prague, but never been as part of a stag weekend.
    Although I have been around the areas I would imagine you'll be frequenting.;)
    It is (still) a tremendously cheap place.
    We were getting taxis from the hotel into town, meal and beer, then taxi back and still spending no more than around £70.00 each.
    It's a damned shame, in a way, that it has the 'sex and beer' reputation, because it's a truly beautiful place for a general holiday.

Behave yourself when you're there.
    The police do not muck around over there.

Here's a gratuitous arty-farty photo of Prague at night.
    This was taken from the balcony of a restaurant in the public park.

[​IMG]

And another photo of the palace, taken from the bridge.

[​IMG]

With regard to restaurants, there's an excellent Brazilian restaurant just off the main square.
    Mecca for meat lovers.
    Was voted second best restaurant in the Czech republic, at one point.
    I think it was 'Ambiente', but not sure.
    You went down some stairs into a cave-like restaurant.

I can also recommend (when/if sober) you do a tour of the city on Segways.
    Jerry, the guide and owner, is a top bloke.
    We had such a laugh with him, he took us out at night on the segways free of charge and we just tore around the place at full speed.
    You'll be able to get his website from the sticker on the front of his Segway.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010