Stag do in Cardiff

steveizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Off for a stag do in July and have been tasked with the night club part of the evening, can anyone recommend a venue which will be happy to have 25 English lads who will have spent a day at the cricket watching an ashes test and most probably be very jolly by that point of the evening?

Thanks

Few clubs...
Mocka
10 Mill Lane
10 Feet Tall
Tiger Tiger
Retros

Live Music...
Brewhouse
Live Lounge

Bars...
Plenty on Mill Lane
Few on Greyfriars Road
Couple on St. Mary's St. (Missoula is ok, few in the brewery quarter)
Loads of pubs about. Some decent, some cack.
Couple of bars on Cathedral Road which is on way into town from the cricket.

Just split into smaller groups and you shouldn't have many problems.

Last edited:
Thanks Pu6hy. Retros is TripAdvisor's no1 cardiff nightclub, do you think its that good?

Thanks Pu6hy. Retros is TripAdvisor's no1 cardiff nightclub, do you think its that good?

It's alright. It's small in there. Had some good laughs in there over the years mind you but same could be said for many a place. It's what you make of it. If the lads are bubbly than you have a laugh anywhere. I'm off to Newcastle on Thursday for a stag and can't wait.

Be careful in the strip clubs. My mate got knocked for hundreds when buying drinks on his card in one the other week as they charged loads of drinks to him. Playhouse I think it was called. Never been... to that one anyway :)

No. I went there on a stag last year. Friday is casual night i.e smart trainers and polo's. Sat, go away if ur not welsh or wearing a suit.

Enjoyed the friday tho tbf but god knows where we went lol

No. I went there on a stag last year. Friday is casual night i.e smart trainers and polo's. Sat, go away if ur not welsh or wearing a suit.

Enjoyed the friday tho tbf but god knows where we went lol

The "go away if you're not Welsh" bit is absolute nonsense I'm afraid. Interested to hear why you say that though. Bad experiences are possible anywhere I guess. It's a liberal city with a large university/student population, they'd be turning a lot of punters away on that basis. They'd likely turn away piss heads or anyone acting a knob, as most decent places would. The suit bit depends entirely on where you're going. As with most places, there'll be a dress code to some extent.

For info, a few mates of mine from the Midlands went for a short lads-break there a few years ago. No trouble whatsoever. They were pleasantly surprised and since go back regularly. That's saying something as they were all dreading going.

The "go away if you're not Welsh" bit is absolute nonsense I'm afraid. Interested to hear why you say that though. Bad experiences are possible anywhere I guess. It's a liberal city with a large university/student population, they'd be turning a lot of punters away on that basis. They'd likely turn away pee heads or anyone acting a knob, as most decent places would. The suit bit depends entirely on where you're going. As with most places, there'll be a dress code to some extent.

For info, a few mates of mine from the Midlands went for a short lads-break there a few years ago. No trouble whatsoever. They were pleasantly surprised and since go back regularly. That's saying something as they were all dreading going.

Sorry for the delay in seeing this my phone never gets notifications anymore.

The go away attitude was definitely there for us, i'm not ruling out that it was because we looked like knobs or had been drinking but we found it very dificult going in to bars. There was 20 or so of us so it was probably a mix of 20 half cut knobs walking up just drew too much attention.

Having been on lots of stag doos and weekends away with mates its one place i personally wouldn't go too again. That was just my experience though.

Sorry for the delay in seeing this my phone never gets notifications anymore.

The go away attitude was definitely there for us, i'm not ruling out that it was because we looked like knobs or had been drinking but we found it very dificult going in to bars. There was 20 or so of us so it was probably a mix of 20 half cut knobs walking up just drew too much attention.

Having been on lots of stag doos and weekends away with mates its one place i personally wouldn't go too again. That was just my experience though.

In all fairness, 20 people walking up into a pub at the same time is just being dull. What do you expect? Of course they will turn a group of 20 away who are half cut.
I've just got back from Newcastle and there were 30 of us. We went into the pubs in much smaller groups. You and your mates have only got yourselves to blame for being turned away as far as I'm concerned. School boy error.

Try mill lane loads of bars there mate, 10 mill lane, soda and mocha should be fine also there is a walkabout on st marks street not to bad. If you are at the other end of cardiff they have a tiger tiger and przym also will be fine about it. I went there not so long ago on a stag do we ordered a dwarf for the stag priceless the bars even let him in handcuffed. We booked it through www.entertain-ment.co.uk worth a shot the agent said that a lot of bars in cardiff allow strip acts as well guess just depends what your looking for and if the place has space. good luck

...and at the end of the night
12189016_10156196636445788_9195426312762643773_n.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom