1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STACKER/DESTACKER for Sky + in a block of flats

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sunnychad, Nov 30, 2003.

1. sunnychad

sunnychad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

Has anyone got Sky + through a stacker/destacker in a block of flats? Basically it attaches to the multiswitch and allows 2 signals down a single feed. It costs a bit but saves having to get a second cable feed to the box. What I want to know is, how well do they work? and even do they work? The installers I have spoken to give no guarantees, except they'll refund me the money if it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sunny

2. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, I've got one and I've had problems with it - I often seem to loose one of the feeds. Also signal strength is reduced quite a bit, and I seem to get more problems than I had before with blocking.

To be fair, the company that installed it said it might be a fault with my Sky+ box. They offered to examine/fix the box under warranty but I declined for the time being as I have loads of stuff on the HD that I need to copy to DVD.

They said if that didn't work they'd try a different stacker/de-stacker.

The problem for you is, if the stacker system turns out not to work at all then you won't be able to record anything on your box. It should work though...

3. digitecks

digitecks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im in the same position , with a driends , tryd one to day and could not get both signals thrue the stacker , lnb 2 was good but no signal on lnb connection , its about 25 meaters from the mullti switch, but belive ther is a stronger stacker that might do it as it may be down to gignal, its doing my head is as my mate wants 2 sky+ boxes and only 1 feed for sky +, sp any tips would be greate