1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stable convergence problems on BD808

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ShinObiWAN, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Barcodata 808 and am having problems getting a stable convergence. I find myself having to retouch up a prevously perfect convergence everytime I turn the machine on.

I should also add that I have indeed waited at least an hour before making any adjustments, more than enough time for the electronics to warm up. I also have a perfect projector installation which is true to the screen.

I'm guessing my problem is the fact that I don't have a perfect setup but its very difficult to do so since the images in the rasters are different shapes, not drastically but enough to make mechanical setup a pain.

So even before convergence I'm quite far out so I'm having to push the convergence harder, a couple of zones are above 70/30 which is quite a way from the 49 mid point.

Can I adjust the raster shapes on each tube face before convergence?

Help its ruining my viewing having to reconverge every time I want to watch a movie!

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Just a couple of pionts I need to know before I leap in with words of wisdom

Is this a genral movement left to right or up to down that can be treated with just the central area?

Is one colour drift worse than another?

what are the raster shift settings? (this is the very central convergence area)

Are you absolutley sure all the lens and tube adjusters are tight? (that's the row of 8mm nuts and slotted screws and the 8mm lens bolts 4 in eacj corner.

3. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Roland and to answer your questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q. Is this a genral movement left to right or up to down that can be treated with just the central area?

A. It can't be corrected with just the a raster shift on the offending tubes. Most of the time it needs a correction with the raster shift - just a notch or two mind and then a retouch up of some of the zones.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q. Is one colour drift worse than another?

A. Nearly always its both that drift but not everytime.
    Q. what are the raster shift settings? (this is the very central convergence area)

A. Green raster shift settings are: 67 horizontal and 33 vertical, with these settings my raster is centered on the tube. Both the red and blue tubes are on 49 horizontal and 49 vertical with a notches each way when needed.
    Q. Are you absolutley sure all the lens and tube adjusters are tight? (that's the row of 8mm nuts and slotted screws and the 8mm lens bolts 4 in eacj corner.

A. All screws are tight on the lens shift.

I should also add that I'm using the projector via Port 5 or the RGBVH via a HTPC equipped with a Radeon 9800 grahics card at 1024x768.

4. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any chance you can get back to me on this one Roland?

I know your the Barco man on the forums, so if you can't make a suggestion then I'm sure I'll have to live without or rather without it since I'm considering either buying another CRT or going back to digital (Ugh!).

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    All the above sounds is if it is correctly set up. But there are so many factors that could affect this.
    Your other post about width settings may be the answer however if a tube has been replaced and not set up properly then you may be having to use extra convergence to correct for it.
    Each tube will vary with speciifications and when changed they need a whole load of manual adjustments to things like the linearity coils (width coils). I'll answer that post seperately