Quantcast

St Valentine's Day Massacre

Toobad

So TNT made a delivery this morning. When the wife got back the brief conversation went roughly as follows.

Her: WTF! Seriously, WTF!!!!
Me: Er,er,er, Surprise! Happy Valentine's Day, darling. Yay!

The first thing I noticed when I eventually regained consciousness was my genitalia in a pickling jar on the mantelpiece. Is this what they mean by "No pain, no gain? TBH, I'm still not entirely sure what the problem is. :love:

P1050954.JPG

I've moved my dual XTZ 1x12s to perform nearfield duties by the sofa and now have to try and integrate everything with the aid of a miniDSP. It all seems like a near vertical learning curve at the moment.
I wonder if I may have too much bass?...... is a question nobody has asked, EVER. :thumbsup:
Bass - It Hz so good! :rotfl:

JFK

So TNT made a delivery this morning. When the wife got back the brief conversation went roughly as follows.

Her: WTF! Seriously, WTF!!!!
Me: Er,er,er, Surprise! Happy Valentine's Day, darling. Yay!

The first thing I noticed when I eventually regained consciousness was my genitalia in a pickling jar on the mantelpiece. Is this what they mean by "No pain, no gain? TBH, I'm still not entirely sure what the problem is. :love:

View attachment 1257862

I've moved my dual XTZ 1x12s to perform nearfield duties by the sofa and now have to try and integrate everything with the aid of a miniDSP. It all seems like a near vertical learning curve at the moment.
I wonder if I may have too much bass?...... is a question nobody has asked, EVER. :thumbsup:
Bass - It Hz so good! :rotfl:
Hi. I just received the other 2 PB3000 from AVonline. Does yours make a noticeable kerrrshhhh like noise from the driver, even if it's only just plugged in on it's own? My PB2000's made a slight noise, but this is much louder.

Many thanks, Joel

goatlips

Mate same here, this arrived today from AVonline.... you boys shouldve done it properly and got the pros, much better.. lol

I had that very same conversation earlier, where the **** you gonna put that!🤣🤣
IMG-20200218-WA0003.jpg

Toobad

Hi. I just received the other 2 PB3000 from AVonline. Does yours make a noticeable kerrrshhhh like noise from the driver, even if it's only just plugged in on it's own? My PB2000's made a slight noise, but this is much louder.

Many thanks, Joel
Hi Joel, I've just had a proper listen to the PB-3000s in a completely silent lounge and there is absolutely no noise coming from them whatsoever. Could it be that your RCA leads are not sufficiently screened from external RF and acting as antennas feeding the Sledge amplifiers with some unwanted low level signals. Is there still hiss with the leads disconnected from the back or when they go into Auto-Standby? I have the subs connected with double screened RCA cables, from the Fisual Havana range IIRC.

JFK

Hi Joel, I've just had a proper listen to the PB-3000s in a completely silent lounge and there is absolutely no noise coming from them whatsoever. Could it be that your RCA leads are not sufficiently screened from external RF and acting as antennas feeding the Sledge amplifiers with some unwanted low level signals. Is there still hiss with the leads disconnected from the back or when they go into Auto-Standby? I have the subs connected with double screened RCA cables, from the Fisual Havana range IIRC.
Iv got new amp boards being sent out. What fuse Amp rating are the power cords that came with your subs? Mine are 5A for the PB3000 & my PB2000`s have 10A.

Many thanks.

Toobad

Excellent news, the replacement boards should just be plug 'n play so there will be no drama swopping them over. My mains leads have 5A fuses fitted, I assume due to using MOSFETs in the Sledge amplifiers there isn't as much current draw as you find in the amps of your older PB2000s.

Top Bottom