SSPDI/F out from Audigy, into dedicated DAC.

Fish44

Standard Member
Ive just bought a TC-7510 96kh/24bit DAC with 2 optical and 2 coaxil inputs. Now i want to get a digital output from The Audigy soundcard on my computer into this for a quality conversion.

Ive tried a standard Stereo jack to dual RCA (right and left) but nothing.

Can anyone explain what ive got to do to get this to work.

Thanks

Qublai

Novice Member
You need to use a digital out to access the digital stream from the PC. I'm not familiar with your card, but does it have an optical or coaxial out? If so you need to use one of these outputs.

Fish44

Standard Member
You need to use a digital out to access the digital stream from the PC. I'm not familiar with your card, but does it have an optical or coaxial out? If so you need to use one of these outputs.

Ive got it working, here's what i did.
The card is a soundblaster Audigy, no breakout box. The digital output socket is a standard 3.5mm jack socket. And no theres no optical out in there.

Got this on the Creative site, and seems that there is more than one digital stream comming from this socket, for additional channels.

Just made up a 3.5mm mono jack to single RCD, changed a setting in the play control, advanced tab, to switch Digital out on (analog out stops), and works out of the box.

Hope this helps someone

Qublai

Novice Member
Thanks for the picture. It looks like you need a 3.5mm to standard single RCA coax lead, optimised for digital data transfer.

I've not seen any specifically designed for digital transfer available, however any decent Hi FI shop will make one up for you.

:thumbsup:

Fish44

Standard Member
Thanks for the picture. It looks like you need a 3.5mm to standard single RCA coax lead, optimised for digital data transfer.

I've not seen any specifically designed for digital transfer available, however any decent Hi FI shop will make one up for you.

:thumbsup:
Sorted, just read post above yours.

~Thanks,