• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SSN on Freeview HD

blasket

Standard Member
Hi - just registered and would appreciate any help with this -

Downstairs I have a Sky HD box & TV & Sky Sports subscription without phone line

Upstairs I have a Bush HD Freeview box and TV

Is it possible to get Sky Sports News on the TV upstairs?

Thanks

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Welcome:)

SSN is on Freeview, your own local digital terrestrial transmitter and reception (aerial type/location) will determine if the TV tuner can pick it up. You can of course use a TVLink, Video sender or or cabling to pipe the SKY box output to another TV in another room and watch the same channel as downstairs.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Sky Sports News is on channel 83 on Freeview if, as explained, you can receive it.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
As there are no Freeview HD receivers available yet, I suspect the OP has a Bush HD FreeSAT receiver upstairs.

Sky won't willingly pay to be carried on the Freesat EPG.

Does the Bush FreeSAT receiver easily tune to free to view channels (in a non-Freesat mode)? and is SSN a free to air channel?

To answer one of my own questions.... Lyngsat doesn't list Sky Sports News in the free tv lists. So the only way is to tune the Sky box downstairs into SSN and connect its RF2 out to the TV upstairs by coax cable. Or get an Freeview receiver (if there is a terrestrial aerial and you are in existing coverage).

Last edited:

blasket

Standard Member
Sorry, to answer your other question - the Freesat does not tune easily to non freesat channels - but dooes a good job on the freesat ones

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom