• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SSG1000 3D Glasses

KnightWolf

Established Member
i have just received my Samsung PS63C7000 and have found that the SSG1000 active shutter glasses don't work with this tv, my question is has anyone else had this problem and why would Samsung make a pair of glasses that don't work on their tv's?

PS, i have the free Blu-ray player and 3D starter pack.

LostBoyNZ

Established Member
Unfortunately they only work with their new 3D glasses, and the reason? I'm not sure, but unless there's a big technical difference I can't find, it's probably just the age of reason of squeezing more money out of the customers.

Providing the SSG1000's are up to spec (and I can't imagine them not being) it'd be nice if Samsung updated the firmware for the TV to work with those.

KnightWolf

Established Member
Unfortunately they only work with their new 3D glasses, and the reason? I'm not sure, but unless there's a big technical difference I can't find, it's probably just the age of reason of squeezing more money out of the customers.

Providing the SSG1000's are up to spec (and I can't imagine them not being) it'd be nice if Samsung updated the firmware for the TV to work with those.

thanks for the reply, i think i will hang onto them just in case they do update them.:)

banjo99

Standard Member
Seems that the big boys are out to make a killing with these active glasses. I see that LG and JVC are advertising passive TVs which work with the Real D type of polarised glasses. Much better on the pocket. I will not be spending £500+ on active glasses that are expensive to maintain and with my kids I cant see them lasting long. Worse still you cant take them to the cinema or round to a friends place to watch a movie or sports unless you have the same glasses/tv as theirs.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom