SSD Help

Moldiver

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Installed my SSD last Christmas and i kinda neglected the fact it's only 64GB. So iv'e been flinging loads of programs on it and everything has become a mess with little space so i am formatting and gonna have everything tidy.

2 things one gaming related, should i just keep my OS and Web browser on the SSD and have everything else on my 2TB SATA 6GB drive?

Also when i install games on my 2TB drive i always get gaming files on my SSD as well, many games have randon gigs of data scattered about the SSD which i would rather have on the 2TB drive. Any way around this?

I am in the same boat as you and have the exact same drives. Only have Skyrim installed on my SSD and windows. Have about 15 gig left. Problem is even though I have steam installed on my D drive all the saves go to C. Not sure if there is a way round it.

I seem to get allot of game data saved in my documents, F1 2011(non steam) installed on hdd but has a 2 gig folder in my documents on my ssd. It's not the only game like that.

Install all program's to ssd. Use your other drive for storage. If you run out of ssd room, uninstall something. otherwise ssd is pointless.

You can Move your Docs folder to the storage drive

as said above move the default my documents folder to the 2TB drive and most of these gaming files will go there rather than on the SSD. I have all my programs files and OS on my SSD but have data and games on seperate partitions of a mechanical HDD. I have a 3rd mechnical drive for downloads and temp files to get them off the SSD as well,. This works fine for me and one year after installling the 64Gb SSD I stil have about 30GB left.

AJBek said:
as said above move the default my documents folder to the 2TB drive and most of these gaming files will go there rather than on the SSD. I have all my programs files and OS on my SSD but have data and games on seperate partitions of a mechanical HDD. I have a 3rd mechnical drive for downloads and temp files to get them off the SSD as well,. This works fine for me and one year after installling the 64Gb SSD I stil have about 30GB left.

Sounds like a plan, will do that today. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom