SSD Apacer Panther eventually stopped working properly, seen as "SATAFIRM S11" in BIOS.

Prochor

Novice Member
So the story is the following.
I have 3 SSD's by Apacer Panther, 128 x2 and one on 240 gb, which is currently not working.
It had my old Windows 10 and while I was vibing on YouTube the PC just froze and didn't really want to start after I turned it off.
After "Crap around and find out" session I just decided to install another system on another Apacer SSD I had, I am using it atm.

When I tried to access my files on it I couldn't move and add files on the disk with the typical "you have to access to the files" error, it was seen by the BIOS and system well though, but I spent more than an hour trying to get access to the files, with no success.
Them I just decided to wipe it, and after that it is seen by the system and BIOS not as "Apacer Panther etc.", but as "SATAFIRM S11" and not initialised in the Disk manager, the disk is still unaccessible as it was.

What I tried:
Initialising - Failed several times with an error "the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error", through both MBR and GPT options.
CrystalDisk - Doesn't see the disk anymore, before wiping it just couldn't access the disk, though the program could see it.
TestDisk - Went through analysing (Intel option), "Partition sector doesn't have the endmark 0xAA55", quick search freezes at 3/29184: 00%.
RepairS11 -
Drive: 0(ATA)
Model:
Fw :
Size : 0 MB
ATA: ReadInfoBlock failed! Error: 0x21
Press any key to exit.

What should I do at this point, if there is anything to do with it to fix?

Last edited:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The BIOS display name changing seems like a bad sign and may suggest there's more wrong than just corrupted data.

You could try Apacer's own SSD utility:

Prochor

Novice Member
The BIOS display name changing seems like a bad sign and may suggest there's more wrong than just corrupted data.

You could try Apacer's own SSD utility:
Yep, tried their SSD Utility, it doesn't recognise the disk as an Apacer one

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom