• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

SSD and PS3 fan noise

s-7-n

hello everyone :cool:

First of all, please lets skip the discussion how expensive SSD-s are :thumbsup: I read a thread regarding the fan noise that PS3 generates, was guite interesting...
My question is, theoretically if you could exchange the HDD to 2.5 SATA SSD (consumes less energy, no moving parts, generates less heat) how would this affect the fan noise :lease:
i am just wondering if this would solve the ''whining noise'' issue...
any thread relating comments are more than welcome, thx

:smashin:

SHATNERSTACTIC

I'm of the understanding that the Cell produces most of the heat in a PS3 so a SSD would have very little impact if this is the case.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
:thumbsup: thanks guys, was just an idea and no need to comment anymore....thx again....

I know you said this but just to add.

If it were a 3.5" hard drive then it could be a possible reason, but 2.5" drives they don't really produce nowhere near the amount of heat a 3.5" drive does.

I am looking forward to the drop to 40nm RSX myself. Until then my Phat 40GB can keep chugging along silent and smooth.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom