1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ss wont let me choose high bitrate transfer!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Jun 8, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help me here im having trouble with this POS sony call a program i cant get it to transfer and convert from 320kbps mp3 to 256kbps atrac it will only let me select 100 and something. dont tell me i have to re rip all my music using ss to get to the higher bitrate! PLEASE no that will take me forever. are there any other programs that can encode to atrac? i want to change my whole music collection as having 320 kbps mps3 on my hd3 it fills up very very fast!

any help is greatly appreciated thanks a lot.

2. rallyfan_1986

rallyfan_1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had similar problems to this, you could try re-incoding the music to mp3 256kbps, using db power amp, and then try converting to atrac. I havnt tried doing this but it may work.

I am also looking for a some software that can convert mp3's to atrac 3+, as sonic stage is ****.

3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been frustrated with the POS since 8pm last night - I think I have spent at least 13 hours in front of the computer - and guess what, after 3 days I don't have a single file on my HD5 because it is so messed up. I have exactely the same problem as watchinthewheel so would appreciate any help - also - can somebody tell me whether it is possible to overwrite my current MP3 database with Atrac 132kbps?

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a Sony conversion tool that will allow you to change your whole collection from MP3 to Atrac3plus without affecting the original files, it will automatically update your library as well - the problem is this is only Atrac3plus and not Atrac3 - I prefer the 132kbps compression. Here is the address...

http://www.connect.com/download_mp3Conv.html

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey thanks a load for that link its exactly what i was looking for! :)

6. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no its not, its crap, it makes ss like like a piece of genius, it crashes every couple of minutes and is amazingly slow. how bad are sony at making goddam software!

7. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry Watch, I have not even had the displeasure of using it - I HATE SONY - I wish you could see how simple the Vaio Pocket was - and then some magazines had the cheek to say it was awkward to use!! pfff...

8. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its ok its working , not very well, but its working at least!

i really really wanna get a vaio poicket but cant afford one at £300+! they look greta though. puls the 30gb would be great for me over the 20 hd3.

9. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the big one is actually 40GB - you can get a refurbished one with the usual 1 year guarantee from Sony's website - for about 200 quid! It will be in a brand new case with brand new battery and brand new circuit board...

10. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one, thats really tempting! i knew it was 40gb btw that was a typo ;)

what exactly does refurbished mean btw, i mean a brand new case brand new battery and brand new circuit board sounds like a new player to me, i mean the only other part is the hdd and the screen and those aint gonna go wrong that fast, why not sell as new?

11. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they often do it with mobile phones too - it does get a new cover over the screen, which is part of the casing - well, it makes more sense than to bin the entire machine when the parts can be sold for more money as a refurbished unit than the parts are worth by themselves...

They are usually machines that were taken back within the first month as faulty and then the components that failed usually gets replaced along with the basics like a circuit board... it is really as good as new, but much cheaper... :)

12. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sweet, you learn something new everyday, but not nessecerraly something that will save you cash. :smashin: