1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS - incomplete deletion of tracks - help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ali13B, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ali13B

ali13B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a couple of little (though irritating) problems with ss and my HD5 -

I deleted some tracks off the player via the computer, but they're still sitting there (fully playable), although the computer denies all knowledge of them. Has anyone any suggestions on how to delete them fully? (I'm reluctant to initialise the player though - only a last resort).

Secondly, when I try to transfer tracks/albums off the player back to "My library", it gives me the option (normally) of transfering them and leaving them undeleted on the player. Currently it just deletes it all, without leaving any sign of it in my library whatsoever. (I checked the "help" option, and this suggested trying to authenticate the track via the control option, but alas - does SFA...)

Much obliged for any advice

Ali

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, not sure about the ghost song.

The transfer to the library thing is a common problem as far as im aware. I can only transfer songs back to the library that are already on the library, otherwise it just asks to delete the track off the player and not transfer it to the library. Its got something to do with authorising the computer as my HD5 doesnt need authorising on any computer but you cant transfer tracks back to the computer, i dont have a problem with that so its ok. Would be nice to transfer tracks off the player to any computer.

3. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try uploading the problem tracks again and then deleting them.

The authorisation thing is a PITA but I believe it's the only way to reverse transfer to other PC's, never tried it myself though.

I have all my music safely stored (and backed up) on my PC's and would NEVER NEVER EVER trust any DAP as the only source.