SS doesn't see my HD5! Help!

drmoze

Standard Member
Reaction score
Update to below (didn't want to start a new thread):

Finally got SS to see my new HD5, after hooking up a SOny flash player to my laptop (which SS recognized immediately). Then it sw my HD5 too. Several deinstalls/reinstalls/reboots/updates didn't help.

Now that I'm trying to transfer stuff to my NW, I realize SS really sucks. Badly. Note that I have a very good, near-bulletproof pc. A well-maintained laptop from work, nothing kills it, even Firefox loads instantly.

Ss just keeps freezing up, for several minutes or longer (if I force-quit). And it functions erratically. So far, all I've ripped was a 7-cd set. I then wanted to shorten the titles from the My Library view. Right click or F2 to rename, right? Well, sometimes it responds, sometimes it doesn't at all. Finally sort-of shortened the album titles. Because when I restarted SS, only 4 of the 7 were renamed. The other 3 still had their original names, even though I changed all 7! How? I dunno. Sony sw sucks. There is no way it should malfunction like this.

Btw, I also checked the option to change the actual filenames when names are edited in My Library. What does that do? I dunno. the files on my HD are still the same. And SonicStage is still freezing up. It sporadically rewcognizeds my HD5 (very inconsistent), and when it does, the transfer screen generally freezes right at the start of the transfer. So I have yet to actually be able to transfer anything to my HD5. But it's only been a couple of hours (not counting all of yesterday evening trying to get SS to recognize my HD5).

I repeat: SonicStage really sux. I have not had any such problems with any other software in a long time, and not on this computer. Sony really needs to do a complete overhaul of this and GET THE BUGS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got my HD5 today, imported a few CDs. Hooked up my HD5 to the USB and it was recognized by Windows, but there's no option to transfer to a NW in SS, only to write a CD (in 3 formats). When I hook upthe HD5, all I get on the screen is "Connecting to PC" with the animated dataline. Any ideas?

Details: I installed the version of SS that came on the CD with the HD5 (v 3.1), and then updated it to v 3.2 (online updater). I'm using WinXP with SP2. I have my HD5 hooked up to the ac adapter, then connected it to the USB port. I rebooted, and even reinstalled SS. The device is recognized as a mass storage device in device manager, under the USB hub.

Any ideas????

Hmmm, maybe connect it before you open sonicstage as on my comp automatically opens ss when my hd5h is connected...

Any other ideas? SonicStage still appears to freeze a lot (nonresponsive), and it again doesn't recognize my HD5 at all. (No option to transfer at all.) Still not a single file on my nice new shiny HD5. *sigh*

Everything else on my 'puter works fine. Except SonicStage. And when I plug my HD5 into the USB, I do get the little clink indicating it is connected. But SOnicStage is too stupid to realize this.

HELP!!!!!

What/where is the mp3 manager? I'm ripping everything in Atrac3+ 192 kbps. I did install SS 3.1 from the HD5 CD (after removing the first install from my laptop), and no go. I then updated online to SS v3.2. Still no transfer working. I'll try the link above (I used a US site for the first update, I believe).

It did recognize it once, but stalled/froze completely when I tried to click on the transfer arrow. (The transfer bar remained at 0% for several minutes, and I had to quit Ss from the Task Manager.)

I'll report back (begging for help!) if the update above doesn't work!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom