1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS 3.x solution for multiple artists albums!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by moscho9999, Apr 26, 2005.

1. moscho9999

moscho9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:
    I would like to share a post I found on a diffrent forum regarding SS creating lots of separate albums with the same name and every album containing only one track (e.g. compilation albums).
    A user called MDfreak found the following solution that worked out fine for me:

ISO setting the "compilation"-option for each single file
    - Go to the "all tracks" view in SonicStage
    - Select all tracks and choose "properties" by right clicking on one of them.
    - Wait some time for the properties to appear.
    - Set the option "tracks in the compilation albums"
    - click ok and wait some time (in my case about a 2 minutes) for SonicStage updating the properties of all albums.

Now all the tracks of one album are in the same SonicStage-album despite that some tracks in the same album have different artists.

Hope the hint helps

Moscho

2. chromosome

chromosome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    thanks for the info!

3. marooned

marooned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what exactly does this allow you to do

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I did this as well, except I only did it for compilation albums.

I went to "All Tracks" and typed in the album names for the various compilation albums in my library. Then, as moscho says, I right clicked - properties and selected the tick box.

This sorts out the problem of having all your compilation albums split up in SS, into 20 or so one track albums. SS does this because it list the albums by artist, so unless you tell it that they are compilation albums they get separated.

5. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This didn't altogether work for me though I may be misunderstanding what was meant. SonicStage on my PC didn't show each track separately but the HD3 does. Changing the properties to 'compilation' didn't have any affect. I also had to change the name of each artist too. Changing each artist to the name of the compilation album or just 'various artists' did the trick. This obviously means you loose individual artist names but I can live with that. I also had to delete the old versions from the HD3 and transfer them again with the new properties. Changing the properties only took seconds too. There was no waiting at any stage.