1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRTDB 1070 and Stereo Source to Fronts + Rears

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by axc97c, Sep 16, 2001.

1. axc97c

axc97c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Is it possible to get a stereo source with no other info (Audio CD) to play throught all speakers (front + rear + center) without having to apply processing (as in all sorts of reverb etc) to it?

Essentially i want the left cd channel to the left front and rear channels and right channel similarly

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Adam

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - I hope I understand your question properly, and I'm not familiar with VideoCD but you can turn the ProLogic decoding off through the menu system.

Apologies if you already know this - if you have the ProLogic decoing going open your front panel and press the centre menu button labbelled "Surr" until "PRO LOGIC" appears - simply turn that off and the same cound will come out each speaker.

Hope this helps.<br />If you come across anything cool with your 1070 let us know !

3. GRAHAME

GRAHAME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clarky did Graigs suggestion work - We have a Sony strd940 and wld like to get the same result - will try to do the same on ours tonight<br />rgds<br />g

4. Zacha

Zacha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the best you might eb able to with that receiver is to send a 1 x RCA to 2 x RCA cable from the left out of the cd player to the front left and rear left inputs of the 5.1 channel in; and do the same with the right channel.

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You will need a DSP mode for that, without that actually any DSP is applied but just the channels are duplicated.<br />Some AV amps/receivers have such an option, Yamaha calls it "Party" (though I have the feeling it does actually apply some DSP processing) and Denon I think had something called Stereo:4 (or am I totally off here?).

For Yamaha the center will keep quiet as music DSP-modes do not use a center channel, only video DSP-modes.<br />Else the DSP mode has to mix L&R into the center, may again depend on the make of the AVamp/receiver.

6. axc97c

axc97c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now had a good play about with the DSP modes on my anp and am pretty much convinced that there isnt any option to do this as a setting.<br />The idea of plugging one set of inputs to both the front and rears seems a good idea as i have one of the multi 6 channel imputs unused at the momeny. I will try this later to see how it works.

Thanks

Adam