1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SR5200 - DTS Problem?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Robbbo, May 24, 2002.

1. Robbbo

Robbbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the Marantz 5200 (in gold) has finally arrived, to be hitched to a Pioneer DV-530.

Well, everthing says DTS on it - the receiver, the dvd player and the disk (The Mummy Returns) and I can't get any response when in DTS mode - not even the noise that the manual says can be an issue.

The 5200 is connected to the 530 via a digital coax from Cambridge Audio - the digi link (no 3) is recognised by the receiver and the digi link is set in the receivers setup.

Any thoughts anybody

2. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spotted your post and decided to try it.
    No problems at this end. Works great. I am using Marantz sr5200 Philips 762. Not same DVD player as you but the Marantz works in DTS with The Mummy Returns. So you must be doing something wrong or your player doesn't support DTS.

P.S.
    Did you go into "languages" on the disk menu and tell it to play in DTS? DvD's as a rule default to Dolby Digital you have to select DTS manualy.

3. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Choosing the DTS in the language menu should send the signal to the amp,if this doesnt work.......
    Try disconnecting the digital coaxial lead and reconnecting it.

Try choosing DTS on the remote instead of auto.

Also,switch to source direct.

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just tried this with my SR5200, Sony 725, Mummy DVD, The Mummy Returns, and the only way I can get no sound is if I have chosen DTS on the remote but left Dolby Digital 5.1 on the disc.

As Happynow says, you need to go to 'languages' to choose DTS.

As Picky27 says, choose Auto on the SR5200, choose DTS on the disc, and everything happens as it should.

5. Robbbo

Robbbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys

it was the sub menu on the Pioneer that I missed

thanks again to all that replied - this is exactly the reason why I joined the forum!

Robert