1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SR+ control cable ???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dvdsubtitles, Sep 6, 2004.

1. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My PDP-504HDE has arrived and I am a very happy bunny :)

I have it married up to a VSX-D814 AV receiver. However, in order to enable the receiver to switch audio inputs depending on the TV input, I need to use a control cable between the 504's media box and the receiver. Ie. a miniplug cable from "CONTROL OUT" on the media box to "CONTROL IN" on the receiver. This will supposedly allow the TV to control the amp, switch inputs, etc.

The 504 instructions refer a "control cable" and the receiver instructions refer to a "SR+ cable". A standard 3.5mm jack lead fits perfectly, but it does not work.

Does anybody have a similar setup and is it some very unusual cable that I need?

Hope you can help.

Mat

2. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same setup, but I thought all the SR+ cable did was allow the IR of the amp remote to pass through the IR receiver on the plasma screen.

This needs some investigating methinks

3. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, instructions are somewhat vague, but this is what I've gathered from my fiddling and research so far:

features available using SR+ control cable:
    * receiver switches on when tv is switched on
    * receiver switches audio inputs when tv switches inputs (ie. switching between DVD/digital box/xbox etc.)
    * receiver display shown on tv screen.

I've just been told by my dealer that its a 2.5mm jack plug. However, I've tried a 3.5mm jack plug which fits perfectly but does not work. I can't believe a 2.5mm plug would fit properly if a 3.5mm does??

Mat

4. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi, I have a similar setup a 504HDE connected to a VSX-D912. So I am only using SR and not SR+. This uses a normal 3.5 "Mono" connector. I bought a few from MaplinMaplin about 80p each for a simple 1.5 metre lead. All this does is to allow the remote sensor on the plasma to send signals to the amp, and indeed any other Pioneer kit that you may have. Someone else here was asking a similar question and said that a 4-pole 3.5 mm phone plug is used for SR+. However I don't know what the extra features are available.