1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squished (vertically) image with WinDVD!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Dodgey, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks to all of your help, I now have a near perfect htpc running. One thing though... I played Pulp Fiction last night and the image was squished vertically (everyone short) - a very thin letter box type of view. It was not the projector. In Win DVD, if I selected "lock aspect ratio" then the image was fine, except it did not fiil the screen to the edges then. It was like the software was not doing the ratio thing right. Never seen this before..

anyone have any ideas?

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only thing i can think of is that you had "lock aspect ratio" ticked, and had your pj set to 16:9 - if you`ve got 16:9 mode on pj that is! apart from that i dunno!(when you un ticked keep aspect ratio it got normal - must be 16:9 screen?)

cheers rob

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I get this with some DVDs and one of the reasons I like zoomplayer, you can simply zoom in until the picture fits the screen properly.

4. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jeff. I tried powerdvd and windvd and it seems to be the specific disc. I'll try zoom playyer.

Thanks
    for the tip