Squeezebox Touch plugin for BBC HD audio?

Harryo

I am in the process of setting-up my Squeezebox Touch and have just installed the Logitech software from Home - Welcome to mysqueezebox.com!.

Are there any apps for using Spotify and also BBC HD audio with the Squeezebox?

I have looked at the Squeezebox Touch 'App Gallery' but there is nothing there relating to Spotify or BBC HD audio, although there is a listing for 'RadioTime' which looked interesting.

I'm new to using Internet Radio and streaming device and would welcome some advice as to whether it is possible to access Spotify and BBC HD audio with the Squeezebox Touch.

Harryo

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
>whether it is possible to access Spotify and BBC HD audio with the Squeezebox Touch.<

Yes, so long as you have the full Squeezebox Server running on a machine on your local network. You need to install the plug-ins and have a subscription to Spotify Premium. The BBC is currently only streaming HD for the live Radio 3 feed and come occasional specials on R2.

From the web interface, Settings->Plugins and make sure "Show all 3rd party plugins" is enabled

Last edited:

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
For BBC, you just need to install the BBC app (no server required). On your Touch look in Settings - Advanced - Applet installer (un-check 'officiate applets only', or something like that).

Harryo

>
From the web interface, Settings->Plugins and make sure "Show all 3rd party plugins" is enabled

Thanks very much for your reply it was very helpful!

At the moment I have just added the iPlayer plugin will add the Spotify one when I've created a Premium Account.

It would appear that my firewall program (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010) is restricting some actions of the Squeezebox Server so will need to sort that out.

Kaspersky is listing the following items as (Low Restricted)

Squeezebox Server 7.5.1 exe
Squeezebox Server Tray Icon
Squeezebox Server Service Helper
Squeezebox Server
Squeezebox Server Scanner
Squeezebox Server Control Panel

I am not sure whether to make all the above listed items 'Trusted' which would allow them access to the Internet or just certain ones.

Harry

Harryo

For BBC, you just need to install the BBC app (no server required). On your Touch look in Settings - Advanced - Applet installer (un-check 'officiate applets only', or something like that).

Thanks for that! I just tried it and now have listed under BBC Radio "Listen Live",
"Special Events" and "Streams".

On checking Special Events it shows 'Radio 2 Electric Proms (HD)' with a list:

Elton John
Robert Plant
Neil Diamond

Streams are listed as: Flash AAC/MP3 or WMA.

At the moment I am enjoying Elton John in HD!

Harryo

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom