Squeezebox "News" - Interesting!

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by happyhomer, May 2, 2007.

1. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
  2. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,520
    Very interesting, but i must admit to being slightly confused by that announcement. What i think it essentially means is that we will soon see Sono's like remotes for the SB/Transporter and forthcoming products.

3. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. I'm in the process of ripping my collection to FLAC at the moment, in preparation for getting a Sonos system. However what swung me towards the Sonos over the Squeezebox is the remote; I'll definitely be waiting until some new additions to the Squeezebox line are announced before making my final decision, and it will probably be a good few months before I manage to convert my vinyl collection as well as the CD's.

4. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,520
    The remote has always been pretty irrelevant to me. If i wanted a remote with a colour screen to control the music and view album art etc, i use my PSP or PDA. The Sono's remote is very nice and many people love it, but the extra cost did not justify the extra spend. If they can bring in a remote for the SB3 at the right price, i might be interested though now.