• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Squeezebox, harmony one and NAS??

S

somouk

Im looking for some information on the squeezebox products...

Firstly, can a squeezebox be setup to use a NAS as storage for its MP3's and not a PC?

Secondly, can a harmony one remote control a squeezebox network?

Finally, can you link multiple squeezeboxes together so they are controlled at the same time like sonus units can be linked?

Thanks for any answers....

Cheers,
Mart

Patient

Standard Member
I have a squeezebox boom:

NAS - I have squeezecenter running on my Thecus N5200 with all my music stored on the NAS.

Harmony One - I have one of these but havent tried to use it to control the squeezebox so can't comment.

The guide says multiple units can be synced via squeezecenter (though I haven't tried is as I only have one!)

wl1

Prominent Member
Squeezebox is the best "Electrcial item" I have ever bought, I have had it 3 years, and it has just kept getting better and better. The server software is easy to use, and flexible, and the plugins are great too. The community forums are full of all the answers you are looking for.

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

ALL units can be synchronised. You can control them all via any PC on your network via a browser. This includes a WLAN PDA...

Yes, Harmony one can control the units in front of it, and if synch'ed, all will follow.

NAS solutions are well established, and the forums above contain detailed links on the popular ones (linkstation live etc)

You should download the server software here: Slim Devices : Support : Downloads

And play about with it.

I couldn't recommend Squeezebox more highly

Wayne

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom