Squeezebox finally dead on QNAP - Replacement?

smallclanger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Very sad day, the latest update to my NAS has lost compatibility with LMS.

It was a great system and great value for money.

What are my options considering I already have a music library on my NAS? I don't really want to pay a monthly subscription for spotify etc so something to replace my SB Touch devices.

One teeny tiny raspberry pi mounts the music from your NAS and runs LMS like a charm. (Unlike the NAS did.) There are even pre-built SD card images you can use like picoreplayer.

You really should take a look at the slim devices Squeezebox forums. Squeezeboxes and LMS are nowhere near dead.

OP, your comments appear ambiguous. Is your Squeezebox dead, or lack of LMS on QNAP?

LMS compatible NAS' include ReadyNAS, or something like HP Microsever - either Gen8 or the new Gen10.

Roon is also compatible with Squeezebox.

Very sad day, the latest update to my NAS has lost compatibility with LMS.

Yes, if you do an update on a Qnap the LMS Installation will disappear, its been like that for a couple of years or more.

You can re-install LMS just not through the official Qnap Packages.

Like the previous guy(s) said you can go on the Squeezebox forums for help

Funnily enough official Spotify support on the Squeezebox is ending this weekend

And funnily enough there's already a new hacked plugin that sort of supports the new protocol....!
But unfunnily it is failing on some Qnaps .... mine included:blush:

I am waiting to see if someone gets definitive picture of which ones work and which ones dont ... my TS-210 wont have the new 7.9.1 - itjust wont install it ... but thats for a different Forum

I guess it's convenient having LMS hosted off your NAS but I have to say I might admit defeat and get a Pi to do the job now.

I might admit defeat and get a Pi to do the job now.

I was wondering the same .... been to Maplin this afternoon and purchased a Pi and some other bits

Added a Max2Play and with a bit of fiddling about Spotify is blasting out of my Squeezeboxes :clap:

Not got the Qnap mounted as a Network drive, but I can stream "my music" from the Qnap LMS

and

Spotify from the Pi LMS ................. Rockin as they say :)

I might admit defeat and get a Pi to do the job now.
Had another session on this and now got the Qnap mounted as a Network Drive, so the Pi can now Stream "My Music" and Spotify

Gave it a good run yesterday and it does appear to be very stable

I may even let the Qnap TS-569 do the Update it has after doing for a year or so, which will involve removing LMS ...... I have the Pi now

A big Thank You to Michael H who keeps LMS alive

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom