Squeezebox duet or touch?

IanD

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy one of the products in the title.

I like the duet due to being able to view album art etc on the remote, but my question is, should I spend the extra to get a touch and buy the app for my iPod touch to go with it?

The Squeezebox is going to be played through a Toshiba micro system locates in a cupboard under the stairs and from there into ceiling mount speakers above my rear deck.

Will the extra quality of the touch be heard and will I actually get a better level of control using the iPod?

Thanks in advance, Ian.

I prefer ipeng on the iPhone to the Duet remote by a long way. For the ultimate experience though, get an ipad!

I doubt there will be any significant quality difference between the Touch and the Duet considering the rest of your system at present.

If I have ipeng on my ipad, do I need the Duet controller, or can I just get by with the receiver on it's own?

You need the controller for initial setup of the receiver, but after that you can control everything via ipeng.

There is a way around it using a command-line interface from a PC to set up the receiver; it's not particularly difficult but it would depend on how comfortable you are with this.

Thanks for that - is there a website which has the command line instructions so that I can see how easy, or hard this is? I don't want to buy a controller if I can use my ipad.

Check the link in post #2

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom