Squeezebox duet or touch?

IanD

I am going to buy one of the products in the title.

I like the duet due to being able to view album art etc on the remote, but my question is, should I spend the extra to get a touch and buy the app for my iPod touch to go with it?

The Squeezebox is going to be played through a Toshiba micro system locates in a cupboard under the stairs and from there into ceiling mount speakers above my rear deck.

Will the extra quality of the touch be heard and will I actually get a better level of control using the iPod?

Thanks in advance, Ian.

amcluesent

surayne

I prefer ipeng on the iPhone to the Duet remote by a long way. For the ultimate experience though, get an ipad!

I doubt there will be any significant quality difference between the Touch and the Duet considering the rest of your system at present.

garyt

Standard Member
If I have ipeng on my ipad, do I need the Duet controller, or can I just get by with the receiver on it's own?

surayne

You need the controller for initial setup of the receiver, but after that you can control everything via ipeng.

There is a way around it using a command-line interface from a PC to set up the receiver; it's not particularly difficult but it would depend on how comfortable you are with this.

garyt

Standard Member
Thanks for that - is there a website which has the command line instructions so that I can see how easy, or hard this is? I don't want to buy a controller if I can use my ipad.

amcluesent

Check the link in post #2

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom