• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Squeezebox client for Windows Mobile

Uridium

Distinguished Member
If you browse from Explorer on your Pocket PC to the directory on your PC containing the Music your want to play and click on the MP3 it will stream the music automatically without the need for any software

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Yes there is an app that will do this, but it's very much a 'homebrew' project and i would personally not recommend it. I could not get it to work properly anyway.

I use Slimserver as i have a Squeezebox, it great but it's fairly pointless using it for anything else.

The best way to stream to a PDA is to use something like Recso Explorer to map your music folder on your network, then use something like the excellent Conduits Pocket Player to play the files directly over the network - no need for any server software, it's just complicates things IMO. This is what i do - Squeezebox in my living room and my PDA Phone connected to my HiFi in the bedroom.

That said, Pocket Player also supports Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP), so you could set up a UPnP server if you wanted too.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom