Squeezebox Classic on Sub

scrufftyguy

Hi, I'm considering getting a squeezebox classic, but the only place I can fit it is on my subwoofer! Has anyone else got there's on their sub, or is their any reason why I shouldn't keep it there? The Duet would fit nicely in my HiFi rack, but I'm wanting to control it with my harmony remote, so I've started leaning towards the classic. Cheers! :thumbsup:

deaf cat

I've mine bluetacked to the the top of a speaker, not ideal as IMO vibration of components affects the sound repro, but, at the moment thats the only place it can go... so that is where it is.

:rolleyes:

scrufftyguy

That's got me concerned! I could get another shelf for my rack @ £70, but I don't really want the extra expense! :)

Last edited:

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Cut some squash-balls in half and sit on top.

coolio107

I've mine bluetacked to the the top of a speaker, not ideal as IMO vibration of components affects the sound repro, but, at the moment thats the only place it can go... so that is where it is.

:rolleyes:
Vibrations?
You seriously care about VIBRATIONS when you've got it sitting on top of a speaker with all the EM noise that will feed into your power supply?
You are kidding?

Not that _I_ believe you will actually HEAR any of these issues...

scrufftyguy

So is it likely to be much of a problem? :confused: I'm guessing that there's nothing in the squeezebox that could be screwed up by the magnet in the sub's speaker? If it just rattles it about a bit I can live with that for now!

coolio107

Sorry if my comment was confusing, just read the last line.

I don't think you will have any issues, was just trying to mock about the comment that that vibrations could affect the sound quality.

scrufftyguy

Thanks everyone, think I might take the plunge and get one soon then! :thumbsup:

nacmacfeegle

Distinguished Member
They are quite small and light, so other options abound. I have one wall mounted above an lcd tv in my kithchen and Ihaven't noticed anything interfering with it...apart from the SWIMBO.....

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom