• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Squeezebox Boom bought in the U.S. work in U.K.?

Toffee95

Standard Member
Hi, just a quick question, will a Squeezebox Boom bought in the US work in the UK?
Im going over to the states in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about picking one up, its £40 cheeper.
Thanks in advance.

Toffee95

Standard Member
Just in case anyone wanted to know.... A Squeeze box boom bought in the U.S. will work in the the U.K., you can run the plug through an adapter, or you can buy an attachment for the supplied plug for 99p online. I picked mine up for $149 which is about £95.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Most gear these days uses a switch mode power supply (SMPS) either internally or via a wall-brick; these are easy to design to accept 50-60 Hz AC line frequency and something like 90-260 volts AC input.
Hence my (UK sourced) Panasonic TZ5 camera power supply works fine in the USA and my USA-purchased COM One Phoenix internet radio works fine on UK mains; both items simply need plug adaptors.
It's the same with almost all electronic kit that I've bought over the last 3 or 4 years (phones, Blackberries, ham radio gear etc.) and about half have been bought during my (quite frequent) trips across the pond.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom