Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

spykids 3d

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by krusty, Mar 7, 2004.

1. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got this for my kids as they really liked the cinema version. unfortunetly the home version is a different matter. the 2d version on a tv or projector is amazing quality with bold colors and excellent detail. the 3d version for some reason is quite poor on both tv and projector the image just didnt feel like 3d it felt like those books you stared into to reveal a 3d picture, if you took your eyes off the screen it was a matter of focusing your eyes again, oh and my copy had glitches in different places on different machines. hopefully this will be the only 3d dvd we will see.

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    I have this for review at the moment, and it's a mixed bag - have you tried it on your PC? For some reason the 3-D only works properly on a pc screen.

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    only have r2 on my pc.

4. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That's exactly what my experience of watching it in the cinema was like - sort of getting a feeling of 3d in places, but the colours were all washed out and looked terrible.

I was hoping to get better results watching it at home on my projector, but I don't think I'll bother with it now.

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The best 3D experience I ever had was an imax cinema (ghosts of the abyss) but of course that is infinately higher resolution and uses polarisation rather than colour filtering. Toms hardware have just posted an article on 3D technology http://www.tomshardware.com/display/20040304/index.html I got spy kids 3D R2 ordered from play (mainy for the eye candy) but they havn't dispatched it yet.

6. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    actualy my experience at the cinema could be described as the 3d version was very high resolution. exactly like the 2d version on the dvd........................