Spyder tv calibration software for plasma

alwyn

Novice Member
Hello,
Iam thinking of buying one of these,has anyone had any experience of the software and how good it is. (ColorVision Europe)

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
I would worry about the sensor that comes with it, it won't be very accurate and below 40ire I would think it will really struggle.

Even the ones at £2k are not brilliant, so for £170 I would not expect too much, think of it more like Avia but someone there to hold your hand.

If you really have no eye at all, and lets face it some people don't, then it may be worth doing. If you have loads of spare cash and you don't mind spending the money and then sticking it in the box of other gadgets you never use go for it.

I would love to see just how good it is, and I may be very wrong, but I wouldn't spend the money on it.

Why not see if a few people want to chip in, get 3 other people to throw £50 in and all have a go with it?

alwyn

Novice Member
gizlaroc said:
I would worry about the sensor that comes with it, it won't be very accurate and below 40ire I would think it will really struggle.

Even the ones at £2k are not brilliant, so for £170 I would not expect too much, think of it more like Avia but someone there to hold your hand.

If you really have no eye at all, and lets face it some people don't, then it may be worth doing. If you have loads of spare cash and you don't mind spending the money and then sticking it in the box of other gadgets you never use go for it.

I would love to see just how good it is, and I may be very wrong, but I wouldn't spend the money on it.

Why not see if a few people want to chip in, get 3 other people to throw £50 in and all have a go with it?
Good idea anyone game?

alwyn

Novice Member
NicolasB said:
There is a big thread about this over in the LCD/DLP projectors forum.
Thanks for that,but they seem to be having a war between themselves on technical jargon,I was only looking for a person who had tried one on a plasma and could say in plain terms if it was any good.

MAW

Banned
I've seen it in use, but was not too impressed with the result. Like Guy says, the sensor is the weak point. It has to be accurate or there's no point.

theo cupier

If you're looking at spending £170 on something budget, why not spend a few quid more and get a pro to ISF it with industry standard kit?
:devil:

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
I would have to agree with that. Why spend £170 on something that may get you close but not quite there, spend a few more quid and get it done right.

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
One very good reason why not is that if you spend £250 on an ISF calibration, you get just one calibration out of that. The next time you buy a new set of curtains, it won't be accurate any more. If you're self-calibrating you can repeat the process as often as you wish without farther expenditure.

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Very true, but I would expect someome to calibrate their screen with normal evening viewing conditions, and I would not expect it to move away from D65 by changing your curtains on a plasma! projector yeah, but not a plasma.

alwyn

Novice Member
theo cupier said:
If you're looking at spending £170 on something budget, why not spend a few quid more and get a pro to ISF it with industry standard kit?
:devil:[/Q
ISF is not available in Cornwall

theo cupier

I thought Piers, Gordon et al travelled? Or do they still send you to the dungeon in Tintagel if you're caught entering the county with a PC? :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom