1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spy Kids geography lesson

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by michaelm, Oct 17, 2001.

1. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Spotted this immediately in the cinema, but I thought the producers may have edited it from the dvd/video release.

When the 2 kids go to their Uncle Machete's spy shop in South America, they get out of a yellow cab with the logo "Loco Cabs". this all adds to the illusion of them being "South Of The Border". Well, in a sense they are. Because in the next scene, when the kids are standing discussing their reason for being there, a signpost showing "Leopardstown 1" is clearly visible behind them. This is visible in 2 subsequent shots.

Now, as any racing fan will know, Leopardstown is "South Of The Border", the Irish border. It is only a few miles from Dublin. In fact, the signpost even has the name in Irish visible as well.

A couple of minutes later, Uncle Machete takes the kids out onto the roof of his shop and beautiful clear blue skies and skyscrapers are all around.

What was the director on?

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    mmmmmmmmmmmm

well spotted

the only one I can think of recently was the number of time Nicole Kidman changed her outfit in Peacemaker in just ONE scene

Also remember spotting the STORMTROOPER BANGING HEAD blooper on my 2nd viewing of Star Wars and thinking how professional these soldiers were not actually complaining or swearing :)