1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPV C500 movies to phone question

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Rindless, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Rindless

Rindless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I know it's possible to create movies on a pc and convert them using PocketDivXEncoder and then transfer the file to a mini SD card.
    Question is, will the phone play the movie or do I have to install something else on to the phone ?

What is beta player and do I need to install this on to the C500 ?

2. Wooders

Wooders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I first got my C500, I got movies onto my phone by recording them into my PC in Movie Maker. Then I saved them as a WMV file for PocketPC (at 218 kbps). Windows Media Player plays these files very well and with good picture quality. Unfortunately, it's a lot of work recording the stuff in the first place. Also, there's no rewind or fast forward on Media Player which is a pain in the arse when you're dealing with a long film.

If you're encoding with PocketDivXEncoder, your phone will need Beta Player.

Beta Player is an excellent video and mp3 player. It will play your DIVX encoded movies (I've got Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels on mine at the moment) and is very good quality. It has fast forward and rewind facilities too. It's free but I think your phone needs to be "Application Unlocked" - mine is a bog-standard C500 from Orange and it was unlocked when I received it.

3. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Wooders

Wooders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used that software a few times but can't get much joy out of it when I try to rip DVDs of TV programmes; it produces a squashed picture every time, no matter what settings I use. Also, I find it produces very clear images but rather jerky framerates. Any advice?

5. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havnt used it for anything other than DVD's I am afraid...

As to frame rates... there is a setting to select a smoother image as I recall... (the new 1.2 version has even more options I think)...

Mark.

6. Rindless

Rindless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Using DVD-to-Smartphone, will I still have to get the phone "Application Unlocked" and if so, how do I do that ?

Cheers.

7. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about that....

I have a standard Orange C500 and I didnt need to unlock anything to use the software...

Mark.

8. deniser

deniser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would you recommend this phone. I have had my fingers burnt with 2 3g phones and have decided to go back to 2g and wait to see what happens with 3g.
    I have to replace my nokia 6630 with something else on orange tomorrow and do not know what to pick and do not want to make wrong choice as it is an upgrade and will be unable to return it