"Spring 2011 update launches May 19, adds PayPal; Avatar Kinect coming May 27"

How long did it take Brumhee?, just if I switch on at ten and lose an hour downloading, I will try and get the missus booted up stairs to get the thing started, that's saying I get it, it'll all depend on how awesome they think I am:rotfl::smashin:

No FW update for me :(

Edit
Users can apparently expect the update to start rolling out from May 19 onwards, with distribution happening in six separate waves to "ensure a high quality deployment."

Last edited:
The update has been available for days, some people will get it before others though. I know a few people who got it on friday, some in the UK and some in the states. One of my consoles was updated yesterday and the other still hasn't got it yet so i have no idea how they are rolling it out.

depends what drives you got one 360 i have is a liteon there are about 3 different versions of liteons you can get.. i got the update
lastnight and my other 360 has a Samsung and no update

DR Kronenbourg said:
How long did it take Brumhee?, just if I switch on at ten and lose an hour downloading, I will try and get the missus booted up stairs to get the thing started, that's saying I get it, it'll all depend on how awesome they think I am:rotfl::smashin:

Not that long really maybe 10 - 15 minutes but annoying when you just want to jump on. Looks like paypal has to be set up through xbox.com

Sent from my Apple Newton

Got my update earlier this evening...:smashin:

I think you maybe able to set your paypal details up in advance if you go to www.xbox.com/paypal that way as soon as you get the update paypal will be available :thumbsup:

Just fired mine up , not a thing. Still

Same here.

Still nothing here either and the next update is due in a few days. What a weird dash roll-out.

just got the update now. 3 restarts! cannot see anything different.

cassius76 said:

You won't unless you go intobyour account and the payment methods and then there will be an option for paypal - that's the only external change

I have the Halo Reach LE Slim...

I am expecting this update last lol

do we know what was actually patched?

• Support for a new disc type Xbox Game Disc Format (XGD3)
  • PayPal support* (PayPal will allow U.S. and international Xbox LIVE users to make purchases on their Xbox 360 consoles with their PayPal accounts.)
  • an auto-standby feature that places your console on standby if it’s idle for more than one hour, helping to reduce power consumption. (This feature will be automatically enabled after you download the update. You can change this setting in the System Settings on your console.)

MS have said it is rolling out over the next few weeks. Hold tight if you havent got it.

just turned 360 on and its doing the update now. Taking its time though :(

Also just had my update :smashin:

Updated via xbox.com really dont need the update you could add points or buy games from xbox.com via paypal and add to your download que.

Be good for me as i hate putting cc details in i know paypal are not the most secure of comanys but ill just use paypal funds from selling the odd game on here.

probably helps the xbox run a lil smoother

dont see why anyone would complain though, takes maybe 3 minutes to download

Mine's coming down now...

[Edit] - Had a quick look once it had finished, but couldn't see any major differences.

Am I missing something?
The only user facing feature is Paypal, otherwise it's to allow the new game disc format and I believe some other behind the scenes stuff.

Anyone know much about the auto standby feature?

Can you just resume your game etc when you turn the pad back on or does it just boot back into the dash?

Anyone know much about the auto standby feature?

Can you just resume your game etc when you turn the pad back on or does it just boot back into the dash?

is this a new feature or you mean screensaver mode?

Still not had update yet....though not tried my old 60gb yet to see if that gets it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom