SprayPainting the 360

Glenagoolie

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice/website with no success on best way to spraypaint the 360. Want just a simple black finish all over to match other av equipment ...
any help.

wondering if it's simple enough to remove the shell of the box without breaking anything and just get cans of black spray paint and do the job ?

thx
R

Easier to just get a vinyl skin for it, but if you want to use a spray can, try Krylon. It is designed to bond with plastic.

www.xbox-scene.com will have detailed instructions on how to dismantle and rebuilt the 360 in it's tutorials section and you should find a wealth of knowledge online on how to spray paint plastic.

The spraying guide doesnt have to be specific as the principles will be the same for whatever you're spraying. Shake cans well, apply in gradual even coats etc.

Also, there's a case modders section on the xbox-scene.com forum. I learned how to light up my old Crystal with LEDs on there, it's full of info on all kinds of case mods.

I cant provide you with a link unfortunately as the site is blocked by my works firewall.

Have fun, and post pics when you're done! :)

am i right in finkin that taking the shell off would invalidate the warranty?????

andy

Inked said:
You can buy plain black replacement cases from www.decalgirl.com

Whaaaat, they've now got the full crystal replacement cases too!!!! I must have one!

Ooooh, all over chrome ones aswell, might have to do some thinking now:cool:

Consider how hard to keep clean the chrome would be... that would sway me towards the crystal. Plus think how many LEDs you could put in the crystal!

Ah, visions of my old xbox come flooding back to me.

To Andy130... yes, opening her up would void your warranty.

RandomLee said:
Consider how hard to keep clean the chrome would be... that would sway me towards the crystal. Plus think how many LEDs you could put in the crystal!

Ah, visions of my old xbox come flooding back to me.

Yeah, not bothered about modding with LEDs, but would love to see the 360 match my crystal Cube & PS2 again. Miss my old crystal Xbox, looked great to see the 3 matching consoles on the rack:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom