Spotify's new desktop app for Windows

the groundsman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Spotify for years and have quite a large library of around 22,000 songs. I am a bit of a hoarder. Spotify is great but generating random mixes from big playlists has never worked properly. I've been ridiculed by family members for this but I export my Spotify library into a spreadsheet and randomise it off line before creating playlists back in Spotify of around 300-500 songs, by copying back the song url. I also mix my random generated songs with my wife's music so we can have a mix of some of hers and some of mine.

Up until the last update you could select songs in Spotify and drag them into excel to copy over the text (Artist & Song which were delimited) and then copy over the song url from Spotify. This drag and drop functionality is no more in the latest version.

So .. does anyone know of a way of exporting this information Artist;Song;Spotify song url. as text

I'd create a spotify app if i knew how to do it.

I suspect No one else does this sort of craziness but you never know

Thanks

I didn't know it could do it till I read your post but just tried it and drag and drop into Excel still works for me on Windows 10.

The Excel data comes across as:
Song Title and Artist (separated by a space then a dash then a space)
The Spotify URL for the song is embedded into the cell as a hyperlink.

It works for multiple selections at a time with no issues.

I believe I'm using the latest version of Spotify (1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de)

Well that is strange. I'm on the same version of Spotify with Excel as part of MS365. The drag and drop only gives me the spotify url.

I'll persevere and see if i can get it to work.

Thanks for giving me some hope

Apparently there's a new UI rolling out but not all users have it yet. Are you on the new UI version? I'm not.

One of the main differences is that on the old one, the search bar at the top of the screen is always visible. On the new one it isn't.

Some screenshots (mac version) are here:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom