Spotify streaming via Apple TV

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by robithinker, Jun 21, 2015.

1. robithinker

robithinker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My main source of music is currently AirPlay streaming Spotify to my receiver via Apple TV (Onkyo TX-NR708 doesn't support direct streaming to the receiver). I want to add another speaker in my bedroom where I could hear the same stream. Looking at something like a B&W A5 or A7 which support AirPlay, but from what I've read, you can't stream from an iOS device to more than one AirPlay device simultaneously. Is this still the case? I could get a Sonos speaker, but then I would need a hub to connect to the receiver and then connect the hub wirelessly to a satellite in the bedroom. Ideally I would like to solve it without adding another device connected to my receiver. Any ideas?

2. Cebolla

Cebolla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Yes, unfortunately iOS still doesn't support streaming to multiple AirPlay network players/speakers. However, multiple device Airplay streaming from a computer is possible, though would of course require Spotify playback from the computer rather than the iDevice.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015