1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spot on the screen from a panny ae100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by apexsec, Jan 13, 2003.

1. apexsec

apexsec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me an idea of how to cure a small light coloured spot that has developed in the top left had corner of my screen.
    The spot is really only visible when there is a light colour behind it ie. the sky. It is about a quarter size of a full pixel and when you use the service menu to go through the red, green, blue pixel test it is not there. Any help with this matter would be most helpful.

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    This is a Partly stuck pixel, I also have one but hardly ever see it.
    I have read that you can use a coloured pencil to colour the spec on the screen, to reduce the effect of it. I cannot remember what colour it was though, maybe someone else can help.

3. apexsec

apexsec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it is a partly stuck pixel, is there any way to make not stick and if not is it repairable under warranty from Panasonic as the kit isnt more than 6 months old. If it would I will take a picture to see if anyone else has any ideas .
    ps. thanks Tim for the reply.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Apexsec,

If you've only got one partially stuck pixel, its highly unlikely that Panasonic will treat is a warranty issue. A projector would have too a have a number (not sure how many) dead pixels, with a group in the central area of the screen. Do a search here for details/opinions of mfacturers pixel policy.

Afaik, stuck or partially stuck pixels cannot be repaired - I'm assuming the LCD panels can be replaced, but I can't see it being a straightforward issue to align the panels to get the picture right.

I figure you'll probably have to live with it, unless you can persuade your supplier to go to bat for you..:eek:

Sean G.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Panasoic do have a zero dead pixel policy . It might well be worth contacting your supplier.

6. apexsec

apexsec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After sending Panasonic customer care an E-mail and waiting a week for an answer they finally tell me (and I Quote!!!).......`In response, I would explain that this is well within acceptance,
    generally we would only offer a repair if the unit had 20+ dead pixels noticable constantly.....` So unless your screen is peppered with dead pixels you are up [edited for swearing by robocop] Creek without a paddle as regards getting it repaired under warranty.
    The only thing that bothers me is that if one pixel has died and gone to heaven how long will it be before more do the same. I`ll keep you posted.
    Cheers to everyone for the help.