Spot of bother with VSX AX5i - help!!

Toonaroond

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bought this second hand off these forums recently and it seemed to be working fine, but now it won't output either the audio or video from my DVD player (it did yesterday!). I have tested the DVD player with other kit and both audio and video work fine. The amp also still outputs audio using its tuner and the same speaker set up.

So there is not a problem with either the DVD player or the speaker system by themselves or even with the connection between the receiver and the speakers - only between the receiver and the DVD player. I tried another DVD player and that's the same too.

I have the DVD player hooked up via component to the receiver then out via component to the PJ/TV from the receiver (neither PJ or TV work with this output from receiver but both work directly from the DVD player), and I have the optical digital out of the DVD player into input 2 on the receiver. I have assigned these correctly and, as I said, it all worked in exactly this configuration yesterday - What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the receiver?

Any help you might be able to give me would be appreciated!!

Cheers
David

x-posted on amp/receiver branch

Oh - and I forgot to say that the on screen display from the receiver ouputs fine onto the display too - so it's deffo my DVD player not talking to the receiver or the receiver not listening!

Hi Toonaround,
When did you purchase this item by the way?

Dan.

Got it at the beginning of the month and seemed to be working fine until last night (worked fine yesterday afternoon!).

Go into the setup, input menu....and make sure you have the correct inputs assigned for the channel devices you are using.

Cheers shaithis, I think I have done this but what I have done is basically go into the set up menu, gone into digital inputs and assigned the optical digital input that I have stuck the DVD player into as "DVD" then done the same with the component bit - is there something else - what do you mean by "channel device" - is this just DVD player, CD player etc?

Got it at the beginning of the month and seemed to be working fine until last night (worked fine yesterday afternoon!).

Hi, if it had been a week or less, I can see that it might be possible to discuss with seller as possibly recieved faulty/failed way to soon. As it's been this long I don't see comeback on this I'm afraid.

Hopefully the Pioneer experts here will be able to determine if a fault or just a config issue.

Best of luck.

Dan.

No worries Dan, wasn't thinking along the lines of it being faulty when bought as it had worked alright since I got it tbh.

I'm hoping that it's one of those blindingly obvious things that I'm doing/not doing that I'll feel embarrassed about when its pointed out to me!

David

Perhaps there may be an option for a factory reset in the manual? Well worth a try.

Bit too busy where I am right now to look into too much detail though, maybe later on that.

Dan

Yup, I'm at the start all over again stage now - will give it a try

Cheers

Cheers Dan, God knows what I did to it in the first place, but have just restored factory settings and lo and behold - all is now back to normal!!

This numpty can now stop swearing in frustration at the amp, the DVD player, the girlfriend, the 5 month old daughter and the window cleaner and get on with the rest of his miserable life....

Right, what can I muck up next....

Hi Toonaround, glad it's just a config issue and the factory reset fixed it:thumbsup:

No problem at all.

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom