Sports tickets - please vote!

Would you attend games if they were more affordable?

• Yes 100%

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No - I still wouldn't go!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I think my club charge a fair price.

• Already go and think it's fair

• Already go and think it's too expensive

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Already go and will continue to go irrespective of price

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

bigdavecox90

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a bit of research and intrigued to hear opinions.

Having done a bit of reading and viewing recently, there are so many sports team (football mainly) turning out with only a third of their home stadium full.

I read the other day that Sunderland were closing their whole top tier next season in order to try and create a better atmosphere within the ground. Yet, they continue to sell tickets at £25-30+ each!

How many of you would attend your favourite sports team's games if tickets were more affordable/reasonably priced?

I think you need more options.

- I already go and think it is fair
- I already go but think it is too expensive.

And another one

- I already go and will always do so irrespective of price

I go to home games and think the price is reasonable

I go to most finals if my team make one and think the price is extortionate

My season ticket is £415 (£450 if it's not a renewal) which is decent imo, cup matches are £10 in the early rounds rising to £16 and £22 in later rounds. Standalone tickets are expensive, if you're going to attend 10 home games a season, buying a season ticket probably works out cheaper (but good luck trying to get one round here, I struggle to pick up the odd away ticket here and there).

I only go a handful of times a season so the price is irrelevant really. I wouldn't go any more or less if the price went up or down. That might change as my kids get older and want to go.

I go 10-15 times a season (depending on cup runs as well) and would be happy to pay less ! Still about 1,500 places away from a season ticket. Kids tickets for me are the issue, as I like taking one of my lads with me and it can be full price for them if I can't get a ticket in the kids section, but the club have done better with pricing for kids this season.

Adding in the cost of parking and petrol money from York to Liverpool as well as some food and its an expensive trip out !

The price of the tickets isn't such an issue for me, it's more the overall cost. I missed a season ticket so I buy through my membership and they can be anywhere from £25 upwards depending on who you see. I'm fine with that, the pain is that each time it is £30-40 on top of that for travel plus anything you may want to eat/drink.

Basically you could be looking at roughly £100 per game, per person so it can work out expensive which is why I prefer to do certain games over others, I can get away tickets now and again too through various sources so will do a couple of those during a season.

I go 10-15 times a season (depending on cup runs as well) and would be happy to pay less ! Still about 1,500 places away from a season ticket. Kids tickets for me are the issue, as I like taking one of my lads with me and it can be full price for them if I can't get a ticket in the kids section, but the club have done better with pricing for kids this season.

Adding in the cost of parking and petrol money from York to Liverpool as well as some food and its an expensive trip out !
Welcome back where you been ? [emoji3]

Welcome back where you been ? [emoji3]
LOL - knew I shouldn't have posted in this one :laugh:

I've been here all along, just gave up on the footie threads before the season started...was no fun anymore. Still read it, but don't want to engage to be honest due to the attitudes of some. :smashin:

LOL - knew I shouldn't have posted in this one [emoji23]

I've been here all along, just gave up on the footie threads before the season started...was no fun anymore. Still read it, but don't want to engage to be honest due to the attitudes of some. :smashin:
But having a great season, you can't let muppets get you down mate [emoji106]

Not getting me down, just can't be arsed with some of it !!:D

Its been a decent season that could yet be great ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom