Sports Shooters - your workflow ?

monkeyleader

Novice Member
Howdy folks,

So I'm in the process of trying to integrate Photo Mechanic into my Sports Shooting Workflow (where time and accurate meta-tagging is critical)

Up to this point I've been using Aperture (which is my main tool of choice for all other Photography)

For the types of shots edits are minimal (crops, contrast, white balance etc) and I know a lot of sports shooters use Adobe Camera Raw to do the edits.

Am I right to assume that the only way to get ACR is to have a copy of Photoshop - something I don't really want to do.

So just looking for some advice from other sports shooters, what is your workflow, what software do you use?

cheers,

Nigel

PS: got my first game at Wembley this weekend just past .. the JPT trophy. See some of the shots here.

twist

Distinguished Member
I believe elements and Lightroom use ACR.

Not a sport shooter but its hard to beat LR4 for cataloging, non destructive editing, fast RAW import and export. It's fantastic.

monkeyleader

Novice Member
I believe elements and Lightroom use ACR.

Not a sport shooter but its hard to beat LR4 for cataloging, non destructive editing, fast RAW import and export. It's fantastic.
LR4 ... sorry when you have 3 minutes tops to get an image from the goal to an FTP server with full meta data etc ... no chance .. It's no fault of LR4 (or indeed Aperture) . just wrong tools for the job ...

I wasn't sure ACR was in Elements ....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom