Sports DVD with 2 x disks & 3 programs on each disk-naming convention for YAMJ?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've got a slightly strange one..... :laugh:

I've got a Michael Jordan DVD entitled "Ultimate Jordan"

Amazon.com: Ultimate Jordan (Two-Disc Special Edition): Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Nelson George, Mark Jackson, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone, Kevin McHale, Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen: Movies & TV

It has 2 x disks, each with 3 features on.

I've ripped the first disk and named each file as they are on the disk:

• Air Time
  • Come Fly With Me
  • Michael Jordan's Playground

But what naming convention should I be using for disks like these?

I've also got a Chicago Bulls boxset that I'd like to rip next:

Amazon.com: NBA Dynasty Series - Chicago Bulls - The 1990s: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson: Movies & TV

Thanks as always. :)

Cheers.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think you mean for YAMJ? I suggest adding it into the title next time, I'll rename this one for you if it is YAMJ you mean.

Depends whether the disc appears on IMDB or theTVDB, if it doesn't you will have to create a NFO and then it doesn't matter about the filenaming, because you just make the NFO to match.

I think you mean for YAMJ? I suggest adding it into the title next time, I'll rename this one for you if it is YAMJ you mean.

Yes, YAMJ. :thumbsup:

Depends whether the disc appears on IMDB or theTVDB

Ultimate Jordan is on IMDB: Ultimate Jordan (Video 2001) - IMDb but the Bulls one doesn't appear on either.

if it doesn't you will have to create a NFO and then it doesn't matter about the filenaming, because you just make the NFO to match.

Can you elaborate a bit please? :blush:

NFO_Files - moviejukebox - How to use .NFO files to enhance MovieJukebox's lookup - Project Hosting on Google Code

Read the above for more on NFO files, basically they allow you to specifiy exact matches on IMDB or even create your own info that YAMJ would use.

For example, the ultimate jordan video you mention is on IMDB, you could create a simple NFO file with the imdb link in:

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399807/

Naming this file the exact same as what ever your video file is called but with the .nfo extension. YAMJ will then use this NFO to go and look up on IMDB rather than the filename itself.

For creating more elaborate NFO with your own information in see the link.

Yes, YAMJ. :thumbsup:

Ultimate Jordan is on IMDB: Ultimate Jordan (Video 2001) - IMDb but the Bulls one doesn't appear on either.

Can you elaborate a bit please? :blush:

You can also use an app (Yanfoe and Ember media manager are popular ones but there are others) to create an NFO file and also thumbnails/fanart images...by simply scanning through your media files...

YAMJ will then see the NFO and use this information instead of going off to to the web to scrape the info...

NFO_Files - moviejukebox - How to use .NFO files to enhance MovieJukebox's lookup - Project Hosting on Google Code

Read the above for more on NFO files, basically they allow you to specifiy exact matches on IMDB or even create your own info that YAMJ would use.

For example, the ultimate jordan video you mention is on IMDB, you could create a simple NFO file with the imdb link in:

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399807/

Naming this file the exact same as what ever your video file is called but with the .nfo extension. YAMJ will then use this NFO to go and look up on IMDB rather than the filename itself.

For creating more elaborate NFO with your own information in see the link.

Me again. :blush:

Now I've cracked my Band of Brothers and West Wing, I'm back to this! :D

What folder structure should I use (and where would the nfo live)?

I currently have:

Michael Jordan>Ultimate Jordan> 3 x MKV's in here.

The nfo should be the same name and stored with the mkv

The nfo should be the same name and stored with the mkv

I currently have 3 x MKV's in my Ultimate Jordan folder, do I need 3 x nfos?

Thanks.

[Edit] - Or should I put each MKV in it's own folder within the Michael Jordan>Ultimate Jordan folder, with a corresponding nfo in each folder?

If they are a series on TVDB then you can use one .nfo linking to the series - this should be named as the first episode file.

If they are all movies on IMDB then you would need a .nfo for each one linking to the IMDB records - they should be named the same as each video file.

Code:
<movie>     
<id></id>
</movie>

Code:
<tvshow>
<id></id>
</tvshow>

If they aren't available for internet scraping then you will have to build the details yourself.

Code:
<movie>     
<title></title>     
<originaltitle></originaltitle>     
<rating></rating>               <!-- 0 - 10 rating, can be decimal -->     
<year></year>     
<top250></top250>               <!-- the IMDB top 250 ranking, integer 1 - 250 or empty -->     
<votes></votes>                 <!-- currently unused in YAMJ -->     
<outline></outline>             <!-- a short plot description -->     
<plot></plot>                   <!-- a longer plot description -->     
<tagline></tagline>             <!-- The tagline for the movie -->     
<runtime></runtime>     
<premiered></premiered>         <!-- the release date of the movie -->     
<thumb></thumb>                 <!-- url of poster image. use URL formatting, such as http:// for internet resources or file:// for local resources -->  
<fanart></fanart>               <!-- url of fanart image. use URL formatting, such as http:// for internet resources or file:// for local resources -->   
<mpaa></mpaa>    
<certification></certification> <!-- Used for all certification that isn't MPAA and only used if imdb.getCertificationFromMPAA=false -->     
<playcount></playcount>         <!-- currently unused in YAMJ -->     
<watched></watched>             <!-- This will mark the movie watched or unwatched -->     
<id></id>                       <!-- the IMDB id of the movie. includes the leading "tt". Use an id of 0 or -1 to disable further internet plugin scraping. -->     
<id moviedb="allocine"></id>    <!-- the allocine id of the movie. This should work for other plugins using their PLUGIN_ID as "moviedb" value -->     
<id moviedb="filmweb"></id>     <!-- the filmweb id of the movie. This should work for other plugins using their PLUGIN_ID as "moviedb" value -->    
<filenameandpath></filenameandpath> <!-- currently unused since YAMJ determines path from searching the configured libraries -->
<trailer></trailer>             <!-- multiple trailer records may exist -->     
<genre></genre>                 <!-- multiple genre records may exist, including any custom ones -->     
<credits>         
<writer></writer>           <!-- Writer name, one per entry -->     
</credits>     
<director></director>     
<company></company>             <!-- The studio company that produced the movie -->     
<studio></studio>               <!-- Synonym for company tag -->     
<country></country>             <!-- Country the video was produced in -->     
<actor>                         <!-- Multiple actor records may exist -->         
<name></name>         
<role></role>               <!-- Currently unused in YAMJ -->     
</actor>     
<sets>       
<set>First Set Name</set>       
<set order="?">Another Set With An Order</set>     
</sets> <!-- NOTE: All of the following tags will OVERWRITE the derived data -->     
<videosource></videosource>     <!-- The video source of the file -->     
<videooutput></videooutput>     <!-- The video output of the file -->     
<fileinfo>         
<streamdetails>             
<video>                 
<codec></codec>                 
<aspect></aspect>                 
<width></width>     <!-- Width of the video file -->                 
<height></height>   <!-- Height of the video file -->             
</video>             
<audio>                 
<codec></codec>                 
<language></language>                 
<channels></channels>             
</audio>             
<subtitle>                 
<language></language>    <!-- currently unused in YAMJ -->             
</subtitle>         
</streamdetails>     
</fileinfo> 
</movie>

Last edited:
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think the "Ultimate Jordan" is a bit of a red herring, as the 5 main programs on there were available seperately and all have their own IMDB page.

So What I've done now is named each MKV as per the program title.mkv and stuck it in a folder of the same name with an nfo in there too (with the title of the program .nfo).

I'm now going to put those straight into the "Michael Jordan" folder.

How does that sound?

[Edit] - The next problem will be what to do with all the remaining individual files that come under the heading "Michael's Greatest Moves", "Michael's Greatest Dunks" etc etc.... :eek:

Last edited:
YAMJ doesn't care about the folders, only the filename of the mkv, you can put them whereever you like.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
No, if you are ripping the whole disc as one file just create an .nfo with the information you need. If you are ripping as episodes then you'll have to embark on the TVDB route. There may be other ways, but I don't know them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom